Sustainable Technology for People, Planet, and Profits
Since our founding in 2003, BetterWorld has enthusiastically followed a triple-bottom line approach. In addition to providing the best communications services available, we also focus on our social and environmental impact as a company. We were the first sustainable communications solutions company in North America.
- People: We donate a percentage of revenues to causes that benefit children, education, the environment and fair trade.
- Planet: Our modern virtual corporate design uses technology to create minimal emissions and waste.
- Products: With the Bainbridge Graduate Institute, BetterWorld created the BetterWork™ Solution Framework. BetterWork™ is a significant carbon mitigation strategy that both saves money and reduces environmental impacts across the board.
Our Certified Commitment
BetterWorld is the only communication solutions provider in the United States tested and certified as a For Benefit company by B Corporation™.
What our B Corporation status means?
As a certified B Corp, we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental responsibility for a higher purpose. We aim to foster a climate of corporate transparency, democracy, and social responsibility. Part of our mission of sustainability is to deliver affordable paperless communication solutions to other socially responsible organizations. Learn more about our role as a certified B Corp here.
Sustainability in Action
We are committed to reducing our negative environmental impact. Every aspect of our business structure and purchasing procedures was designed with our business footprint in mind.
- Powered by the Wind: 100% of BetterWorld’s operations are web based and we use wind power whenever possible.
- Donations: We donate a percentage of our top-line revenue to causes supporting social justice, the environment and fair trade issues.
- Volunteerism: Each person on the BetterWorld team can donate one workday per month to causes that support children, education and the environment. We strongly believe that by volunteering we make our communities a better place in a better world.